It’s a cloudy Saturday, but this flower is from my garden and it makes me smile with its sunny disposition. Do you find that looking at happy photos puts a smile on your face too?
Sometimes when life feels difficult (or cloudy) we have to make or find our own sunshine. It is not anyone else’s responsibility to make you happy. It is your responsibility to find happiness although we are all here to lift each other up when needed.
Here are some tips to find your Saturday Sunshine if you’re feeling cloudy:
- If weather permits, a few minutes outside in nature is calming.
- Get busy with some tasks that you like – gardening, organizing, cleaning or even exercise (like a short walk)
- Find a quiet spot and read a good book
- Put on some fun music and dance for a song or two to invigorate you
- Free write in your journal and see what comes up
- Count your blessings and be grateful for all that you have
- Create a vision board for your life without limits
- Call a friend to chat
- Bake or cook something special to share with family/friends
- Light a candle with a fragrance that you enjoy
- Take a soothing bubble bath
- Take an invigorating shower
- Get in your car and drive with the windows open, music playing and sing
- Curl up with your fluffy blanket and take a cat nap in the afternoon
- Write a letter to yourself and praise all the good you have done in your life
What do you do when you feel a little under the weather to make your day brighter?